June 25, 2011

the XII of us

I was thinking I must write a post for this trip. So one day when I read this I can recall some of the memories.

Really thank God for the meaningful trip. I couldn't join in the first place but God made it possible! And part of the trip was kinda intense and tiring, but we all made it by God's grace.

All glory to God!

Also to remember the team. They are awesome people. Some of them I never met before but we got to know one another in the trip. Some of them I only smiled at them at most but now we can talk a lot. Imagine we makan and did everything (I mean almost everything) together. That's what I love about mission trip.

For all the single ladies in the trip: the ladies rock! We ate bugs, painted the walls, shared the secrets (LOL!), did shopping together... I miss those awesome time we spent together!

Also for the guys... I must say that all the guys are gentlemen. Very caring and responsible. I still remember PJ told us the guys must take the lead (something like that). I think they all did very well. You guys rock!

Even though there were times that the ideas bercanggah but I think all handled them well. ;) We are bound together by His love.

the XII of us
brothers
sisters <3


Got to write something about each of them too. Okay, ladies first. (Their identities are protected by abbreviated/modified nicknames)

PJ: Not easy to lead and guide us along yet she did it. Very independent too. She always has a lot of things to do, and she needs to take care of the needs of many people around, but I think she's doing well, cuz I can feel her concern towards me too. SO much to learn from her. And a very big thank you!

Chrissie: Very talented but she's never being proud and she can accept others' opinions. Very outgoing too. She can be really funny (LOL when I think of her). Feels very comfortable to talk to her. May not be able to see her around after this All the best! Hope to see you again!

ST: Honeypot LOL! Very friendly and outgoing and sweet girl. Kinda blur sometimes and made us laughed. Still remember she tried out the dresses she bought and all the "testimonies" from her. I think she has the gene from her mom (as a teacher). And the girls love her!

JiJi: The one who drew 3 Tiggers and 2 Poohs. I spent a lot of time with her, and witnessed her life for 3 years. She's really an encouragement to me. And we're not like those kind of blonde BFF, but friends who can share things. It's hard to find friends who has common frequency.

And now the guys.

PP: A good leader. He knows when to play, when to get serious, and he can control the situation. Too bad didn't talk a lot, but I think he's really funny. His face is like so serious and I can't tell when he's telling jokes. And he can act very well LOL. He's got the x-factor of an actor. Too bad he was sick during the trip... I mean homesick/lovesick

Alan: I knew him before the trip, and he's one of the people I feel comfortable to talk with. There are certain people whom I feel a little bit stressed to talk with. But it's fine with him. He was sick for a while and I saw him taking Strepsils from time to time (and I took one from him when I got sore throat). Thank you for the Strepsils!

Remy: Knew him before the trip too. Actually saw another side of him during this trip. He gets serious in certain times (and played around being crazy as he usually does too). He's one of the friendly people that I know. And his testimony really encourages me. Did well for the singing part too LOL. He's got the gift. Thank God for that.

Jon: I think he looks cold the first time I saw him. But I knew he's actually a friendly person before the trip (Ya he's one of the friendly people). Even though he likes to tease and kacau people sometimes but he has the side which is caring too. Actually he's a funny person. He joined to share "testimonies" with us (the girls) too LOL

KLCC: Helped out a lot through the preparation and I think he's a responsible person. Very caring too. Always asks others whether they're doing ok. Gets crazy when he drinks coffee LOL (I don't know whether that's true but that happened once when we're doing painting). But he's serious doing the serious stuff. I call it EFFICIENT. Anyway, I like his new watch

Jingles: Very cartoon. Most of the times his jokes are funny LOL. Before the trip I thought he's a quiet person (and I was wrong). Very helpful and always contribute ideas. He listens to what people says and that's very encouraging and heart-warming. And I like his slang LOL. (Can't help thinking about the dancing videos).

Josh: My buddy, also the youngest among us. We were assigned to take care of one another but I think I didn't do much for him :O I just tried to talk to him more, or looked around to check where he was. In fact he took care of the others too other than me. People said he's blur sometimes, but I think he's being smart at the right time (Learning the foreign language etc)

There's a song I want to dedicate to all of them, and those others who faithfully serve.

Thank you

I dreamed I went to Heaven, you were there with me.
We walked upon the streets of gold beside the Crystal Sea.
We heard the angels singing, then someone called your name.
You turned and saw this young man, and he was smiling as he came.
He said, "Friend you may not know me now," and then he said, "But wait -
You used to teach my Sunday School, when I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer,
I asked Jesus in my heart."

Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you, he said "Remember the time,
A missionary came to your church, His pictures made you cry.
You didn't have much money but you gave it anyway.
Jesus took that gift you gave
And that's why I'm here today"

Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave.
 
One by one they came, far as your eyes could see.
Each life somehow touched by your generosity.
Little things that you had done, sacrifices that you made,
They were unnoticed on this earth
In Heaven now proclaimed.

And I know up in Heaven you're not supposed to cry
But I am almost sure there were tears in your eyes
As Jesus took your hand and you stood before the Lord
He said "My child look around you,
Great is your reward."

Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord,
I am so glad you gave.

I don't know whether I will meet them again (Since I'm not good at keeping in touch with people, and all most of us are going to different places). But we have the same final destination (not referring to the movie). So see you all around.

Thank you. And God bless~

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment