December 18, 2010

The Lion and me

I watched all 3 episodes of Narnia in cinema (if I'm not mistaken), and I think it's worth it =)

I remembered in the first movie ("the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"), the scene where Aslan died and sacrifice his children to save Edmund really touched my heart.

C.S. Lewis wrote the story and characters in a way that they reflect what happened in real life. That scene just remind me of the love of God when Jesus died for our sins to redeem us.

And HOORAY!!! Aslan lives! It was just the movie plot, but in reality, Jesus really lives! =)

Now in the 3rd movie, the scene which touched me is actually when Eustace (in the form of dragon) was injured by one of the seven lords, and he scratched himself, struggling, and in pain. Then Aslan was there. Aslan roared, and Eustace was in flame, and turned back to a boy.

When Eustace told Lucy and the others about what happened, he said "It sort of hurt but it was a good pain, like when you pull a thorn from your foot."

Just like the times (lots of times) when I was struggling, and I could not overcome the sin or problems that I had, and God helped me every time, He never forsakes me.

Through this movie, God speaks to me, right into my heart. Just as Lucy who heard Aslan called out to her, whenever she was tempted, or when she needs Aslan to guide her.

May we all heard the voice of the Lion, and know His name in this world.

"Lucy..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.

"Are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.


"I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there."

(from the book The Chronicles of Narnia: the Voyage of the Dawn Treader) 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment